If you’re having problems signing in, first make sure you’re using the latest version of Skype, your system meets the minimum requirements for running Skype, and that you have the latest software updates and hardware drivers for your computer. This usually solves most sign-in issues. I know my sign in name and password, but can't sign in - you might have multiple accounts (and not even know it).
What might cause this?
Follow these steps to sign in to the correct Skype account:
Still need help?
- Do you have more than one Skype account?
- Do you use an email address to sign in to other Microsoft products or services such as Xbox, OneDrive, or Outlook.com? If you recently signed in to one of those other services, it's possible you may be signed in to Skype with a different Microsoft account.
- Do you use Skype on more than one device such as your desktop computer or phone? It's possible you may be signed in to a different account on each device.
- Try accessing your Skype account from another device that you might already be signed in on like your desktop computer, a mobile device, or Xbox.
If you're able to access the correct Skype account from another device, you can identify the username of the account you're signed in with by following the steps in this article to find your Skype name.
- Sign out of Skype, and then sign back in.
Make sure you sign in using the correct account with your email address, phone number, or Skype account information.
If you have tried all of the above and you still can’t sign in to Skype, come on over to the Skype Community, where there is a wealth of information
and around three million people waiting to help.