What are Voice Messaging alerts and how can I receive them?
Voice Messaging alert is a notification that someone has left you a voice message on Skype. There are three types of alerts:
- Email alert – we send you an email when someone leaves you a voice message on Skype. Email alerts are free.
- SMS alert – you receive a text message when someone leaves you a voice message on Skype. You can then listen to the voice message by calling your Skype To Go™ number. You are charged a standard rate for the text message.
- SpinVox voice message to text – your voice messages are converted to text for free* with SpinVox. The voice message text is then sent to your mobile as text message.
*The SpinVox service is free, but SMS messages will be charged at the normal rate.
To sign up for Voice Messaging alerts:
- Sign in to your account.
- In the Manage features section, click Voice messages.
- You can enable or disable alerts under Voice message alert options.
If you haven't set up Voice Messaging yet, you will be asked to activate it first.
We send a Voice Messaging alert 10 minutes after a new voice message has been recorded. However, you can check for and listen to your voice messages at any time. You don't have to wait for an alert. If someone has left you a voice message, you will see it in the Recent tab in Skype.
If you were a Skype To Go customer before October 28, 2010, and you haven’t deleted your Skype To Go account, you can retrieve your voice messages by calling your Skype To Go number – the voice menu will give you the option to listen to your voice messages.
Not sure how to set up Voice Messaging? Check out this handy guide.