If you do not know your proxy settings, or are not confident configuring your network settings, we recommend that you don't change them.
To change your proxy settings:
- In Skype, click Tools > Options.
- Under Advanced, click Connection.
- By default, Skype will attempt to automatically detect your proxy settings. To specify the exact proxy settings that Skype will use, choose an alternative option from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the Host and Port details of the proxy server.
- If your proxy requires authentication, tick Enable proxy authentication.
- Type the Username and Password required by the proxy server (not your Skype Name and password) and click Save.
- Close Skype and make sure that Skype is no longer running.
- Restart Skype and sign in.
If you still encounter connection problems, it may also be necessary to configure your proxy server to allow Skype to connect to the internet. Your network administrator will be able to do this for you.