If you’re new to Skype, it’s really easy to get started by signing up with a Microsoft account.
To join Skype with a Microsoft account:
- Go to the Join us page.
Important: If you're seeing something different, click here.
- Enter the email address you want to use, then click I agree - Continue.
- If you already have a Microsoft account for the email address you entered, skip to step 7. Otherwise, the Create an account page appears.
- Enter your name, password, and other account security and profile details, then click I accept.
- You'll be sent a link to validate your new Microsoft account via email.
Important: You must validate your new Microsoft account by visiting the link you'll be sent via email; otherwise, you will not be able to proceed with Skype. If you don't see the email in your inbox after you've completed the sign-up, check your junk and spam folders.
- If you already have a Skype account at this email address, you'll be prompted to link your new Microsoft account to your Skype account.
- You’ve joined Skype and you’re signed into your Microsoft account. From here you can download Skype for your device, edit your information and lots more.
Important: Make sure to choose the Microsoft account option when you sign into Skype on your device.