This article is also available for:
How do I share my screen in Skype for Windows desktop?
Screen sharing lets you share your computer screen with anyone on Skype. For example, you can display presentations, show friends and family your photos without having to send them, or show someone how something works on your PC.
You can share your screen with one Skype contact at any time during a voice call for free.
Before you share your screen, make sure that you have:
- The latest version of Skype
- A broadband internet connection
- A computer with at least 1 GHz CPU and 512 MB memory
- Skype Premium (for group screen sharing)
To share your screen:
To share a specific window, rather than your entire screen, click the down arrow button and select Share window.
Then select the window you want to share and click Start.
- Make a voice call or video call to the person or group you want to share your screen with. Learn how to create a group in your contact list.
- After the call has started, click the + button in the call bar and select Share screens.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Start to share your entire screen.
- You can change your screen sharing options at any time by clicking the Change sharing options icon in the floating call window.
- When you want to stop sharing your screen, in the floating call window click Stop sharing.
Only one person can share their screen at a time, although you can switch presenters at any time and as often as you like.