If you can't see contacts in your contact list, follow the instructions below:
- First, make sure you have the latest version of Skype installed.
- If you have more than one Skype account, make sure you are signed in with the correct Skype Name. To sign in with a different account, from the menu bar, select Skype > Sign Out and then enter your Skype Name and password.
- Check that your contacts are visible:
- Sign in to Skype and select Contacts > Hide Contacts Who and make sure that the options Are Offline, Are Offline with Call Forwarding, and Haven’t Shared Contact Details are not ticked (earlier versions may only show Are Offline). If any of the options is ticked, click to untick it.
- Click Contacts > Contact Lists > All to make sure you see all of the contacts.
- If you cannot see your Microsoft Outlook contacts within your Skype contact list, make sure that Outlook is running, then open Skype and click Contacts > Show Outlook Contacts (if this option isn’t ticked already).
- If you have signed in to Skype with a Microsoft account and can’t see your Messenger buddies in your Skype contact list, wait about half an hour and check them again as it may take some time to synchronize your Skype contact list with Messenger.
Learn more about adding contacts on Skype.