To see how much bandwidth a video call is using, you must first enable technical information to be displayed during calls.
To do this:
- Sign in to Skype.
- In the Tools menu, select Options...
- Under Advanced, select Advanced settings.
- Tick Display technical info during calls and click Save.
Important: if you are using Skype 5.2 or above, this function is switched on by default and you can go straight to the next steps below.
Once you have done this, you can see how much bandwidth your video call is using. During the call:
- In the menu bar, click Call > Call Technical Info.
- The Call Technical Info window is displayed.
- In the Basic section, the bandwidth used by the video call for both uploading and downloading is displayed.