You can easily add a new credit card to your Skype account, or delete a stored credit card.
If your credit card is about to expire, you will be notified when you sign in to your Skype account.
Adding a credit card to your account for the first time
If you don’t have any credit card details saved in your account, simply buy some Skype Credit or a subscription. You will be prompted to enter your credit card details, and these will be saved in your account and used for future purchases or recurring payments. Your credit card details are stored securely.
Adding a different credit card to buy Skype Credit
If you have previously bought Skype Credit with a credit card and you wish to use a different card, you just need to buy some more credit. During the purchase, you have the choice of using your existing credit card, or adding a new one. To add a new card:
- Sign in to your Skype account.
- On the left of the page, below your account balance, click Add Skype Credit.
- Choose the amount. The Enable Auto-recharge option is turned on by default. Uncheck the box if you don’t want to use this feature, then click Continue.
- Under your stored payment methods, click Use a new payment type, select your credit card type, enter your card details, then click Buy now.
Learn more about purchasing Skype Credit.
Learn more about setting up Auto-Recharge or changing the payment method associated with Auto-recharge.
Why can’t I add another credit card to my stored payment details?
Deleting a credit card
You can delete a credit card if you’ve used it to buy Skype Credit, but you can’t delete a card that is being used for recurring payments (a subscription or Auto-recharge). You have to cancel the recurring payment first.
To delete a credit card:
- Sign in to your account.
- Under Account details, click Billing & payments.
- On the Payment Settings page, click Stored payment details. Find the credit card you want to delete, then click Delete.
- You will be asked to confirm. Once your card is deleted, you can add a new credit card by buying some Skype Credit.
Updating the credit card used for a subscription
If you have used a credit card to buy a subscription, you can change your credit card details as follows:
- Sign in to your account.
- Under Account details, click Manage features.
- On the left panel, click your subscription.
- Click Settings.
- On the Subscription Settings page, click Change payment method.
- To switch to another stored payment method, or Skype Credit, select it from the drop-down list, then click Save.
To enter a new payment method, click Add payment method.
- Enter the details of the new credit card, or click the Change payment method link on the right of the page to add a different payment method.
- Follow the instructions, then click Save.