How do I block or report a contact in Skype for Windows desktop?
You can block a contact to prevent them from calling you, sending you instant messages and seeing your status. In addition to blocking a contact, you can also choose to report abuse. This notifies us of spammers so we can stop them in the early stages of their activity.
To block a contact and report abuse:
- Go to the Contacts or Recent tab, right-click the contact’s name and select Block This Person...
- In the message box, tick Remove from your Contact list if you wish to remove that person from your contacts.
- If you want to alert Skype and report the contact, tick Report abuse.
- Click Block.
If you wish to unblock a contact:
- In the main menu, select Tools > Options.
- In the Skype Options box, select Privacy > Blocked Contacts. A list of blocked contacts is displayed.
- Select the contact you'd like to unblock and click Unblock this person.
If you wish to block unwanted callers:
- Go to Tools > Options and select the Calls tab.
- Check Only allow people in my Contact list to call me and then click Save.