How do I associate business accounts with a SIP Profile for inbound calling?
This FAQ contains instructions on how to associate a business account with a SIP Profile and how to remove a business account from a SIP Profile.
Associating a business account with a SIP Profile lets you direct calls to that business account to the SIP Profile and therefore to its associated PBX. You can then place Skype buttons using the Skype Name of that business account on your website and in your application, so that customers with Skype can call you using Skype for free. If the business account has any Skype Numbers assigned to it, calls to those Skype Numbers will also be received in your PBX.
While a business account is associated with a SIP Profile, it cannot be used to sign in to Skype and a business account can only be associated with one SIP Profile.
Associating a business account with a SIP Profile
To associate a business account with a SIP Profile:
- Sign in to Skype Manager™.
- Click Features in the toolbar.
- In the Features menu on the left, click Skype Connect™.
- Scroll to the SIP Profile for which you want to set up inbound calling and click View profile.
- Click Add a number or business account.
- Select the Add business account tab.
- Click Remove account.
For more information on Skype Connect, there is a Quick Start Guide, a User Guide and several other Skype Connect guides available on the Guides page of the Skype Support site.