This FAQ contains instructions on how to allocate Skype Credit to a SIP Profile and how to take back Skype Credit from a SIP Profile.
Skype Credit can be allocated directly to a SIP Profile to pay for your outbound calling. You can also use the Auto-recharge option to avoid the accidental loss of the outbound calling capability that will occur should a SIP Profile run out of Skype Credit.
Channel Subscriptions and fees for Skype Numbers are paid from directly from your Skype Manager™ balance.
Allocating Skype Credit to a SIP Profile
To allocate Skype Credit to a SIP Profile:
- Sign in to Skype Manager.
- Click Features in the toolbar.
- In the Features menu on the left, click Skype Connect™.
- Scroll to the SIP Profile to which you want to add Skype Credit and click View profile.
- If the SIP Profile has never had Skype Credit allocated to it before, click Set up outgoing calls.
If the SIP Profile has had Skype Credit allocated to it before, click anywhere within the Outgoing calls row.
- In the field displayed within the Add Credit tab, enter the amount of Skype Credit that you want to add to the SIP Profile.
- Click Add credit.
- If you want to enable Auto-recharge, select the Auto-recharge settings tab.
- In the Recharge member's account with field, enter the amount of Skype Credit you would like to Auto-recharge.
- In the when balance falls below field, enter the minimum SIP Profile balance that needs to be reached before the Auto-recharge amount is automatically allocated to the SIP Profile.
- Click Save changes.
Taking back Skype Credit from a SIP Profile
To take back the Skype Credit that you previously added to a SIP Profile:
- Display the SIP Profile whose Skype Credit you want to take back.
- Click anywhere within the Outgoing calls row of your SIP Profile.
- Click Take back credit. A message is displayed, informing you how much Skype Credit you’re about to take back.
- Click Take back credit again to return the Skype Credit back to your Skype Manager's credit balance.
For more information on Skype Connect, there is a Quick Start Guide, a User Guide and several other Skype Connect guides available on the Guides page of the Skype Support site.