What are the restrictions of Skype Connect™?
The following restrictions apply for Skype Connect:
- Access to a broadband internet connection is required.
- Skype is not a replacement for traditional telephone services and cannot be used for emergency calling.
- Your SIP-enabled PBX must adhere to a number of system requirements.
- Skype Connect does not support special service numbers, e.g. 411, or operator services and informational services.
- Skype Connect does not support faxing.
- Skype Connect is not guaranteed to work with credit card machines, franking (stamping) machine and alarm systems or other services which use a regular phone line with a modem connection.
- Video calls using Skype Connect are not supported.
For more information on Skype Connect, there is a Quick Start Guide, a User Guide and several other Skype Connect guides available on the Guides page of the Skype Support site.