How do I start Skype on my TV?
Before you can sign in to Skype, you will need to connect your TV to the internet.
All smart TVs can be connected to the internet. Many have Wi-Fi built in; some models, however, need a separate WiFi dongle or a wired Ethernet connection. If you’re not sure about how to connect your TV set to the internet, you can check the user manual or contact the manufacturer.
When you’re connected to the internet, you can start Skype.
Skype is usually pre-installed on most smart TVs, so you don’t need to download it.
If you use a Microsoft account to sign in to Skype but your TV doesn’t give you such an option (that is, your TV doesn't support Skype 4.1 on TV), you'll need to find your Skype name to sign in to Skype on your TV. To find your Skype name:
- Navigate to Skype.com on your computer.
- Sign in using your Microsoft account.
- Click Account Settings under My Account.
- Under TV and Home Phone, click Set Up.
- You will see your assigned Skype name, and have the option to put in a password. If you do not have a password, create one, as you will need this to sign into Skype on your TV.
You can now sign into Skype on your TV using your Skype name and password.
If you're using Skype 4.1 on TV and have a Microsoft account, simply choose Sign in with a Microsoft account at the Sign-In Options screen.
After you’ve signed in for the first time, most TVs will sign you in automatically every time you turn them on. On some TVs, you can choose to enable or disable this option on the sign-in screen or in the Skype Settings menu. For further support, contact the TV manufacturer.
Find out more about Skype on your TV.