How do I use a Bluetooth device with Skype?
To use Skype with a Bluetooth device (such as a wireless headset):
- Make sure you are using the latest version of Skype.
- Make sure that Bluetooth works on your computer.
Refer to your computer manufacturer’s documentation or website for more details on how to set up Bluetooth on your computer. You will need to ensure that the Bluetooth software and drivers (known as the Bluetooth stack) on your computer supports the Headset Profile (HSP). We also recommend that you download and install the latest drivers for your Bluetooth stack.
- Pair your Bluetooth device with your computer.
How you do this will depend on both the Bluetooth stack on your computer, and the Bluetooth device you are using. Refer to your computer and Bluetooth device documentation.
- Make the Bluetooth device your Skype audio device:
- In Skype, select Tools, then Options...
- Click Audio Settings.
- Under Audio settings, select your Bluetooth device from the Microphone, Speakers, and Ringing drop-down lists.
Not all Bluetooth headset features may be available when making a call with Skype. For example, whether the buttons on your headset function correctly depends on your Bluetooth stack.
If you need more information on setting up your particular device, contact your device manufacturer.
Here are a few pages that can help you do even more: