What happens if my call is disconnected?
If your call is disconnected for any reason, Skype will automatically attempt to reconnect your call.
Skype will attempt to reconnect the call for 60 seconds. If it cannot establish a connection in this time, Skype will end the call.
If Skype cannot reconnect your call, make sure that:
- You still have an internet connection.
- You have the minimum bandwidth required to make a call.
- You have closed any applications that use the internet (especially those that might be playing music or video) and cancelled any file downloads.
- You are using the latest version of Skype. If you’re not sure what version of Skype you are using, it’s easy to find out.
- If you are calling a landline or mobile, you have enough Skype Credit or a subscription to make the call. Get more help with calling landlines and mobiles.
If you are making a Skype-to-Skype call, the person you are calling should also make sure of the above.