Why can't I connect to Facebook?
If you are having problems connecting to your Facebook account, the following suggestions may help.
Are you Offline?
You must be signed in to Skype and your status must not be Offline. To check and change your status:
- In the menu bar, click Skype > Online Status.
- Select one of the following statuses: Online, Away, Do Not Disturb, or Invisible.
Has your access to Facebook been disabled?
If you can't log in to Facebook in Skype, it may be because your network administrator has disabled your access to Facebook. For example, you may be using Skype at work, where access to particular websites, including Facebook, is forbidden.
You can test this by going to the Facebook website. If you cannot access Facebook in your browser, then you will not be able to access Facebook in Skype. Contact your network administrator for more details.
Have you disconnected from Facebook?
If you have used Facebook with Skype before and chosen to disconnect your accounts, you will need to reconnect them. To reconnect your Facebook and Skype accounts:
- Sign in to Skype.
- In the menu bar, click View > Skype Home.
- Click the blue cog icon and select Connect to Facebook. Enter your Facebook details and click Log-in. If you are not a registered Facebook user, click Sign up for Facebook from the left side of Skype Home.
- After connecting to Facebook, your contacts are displayed under All contacts. To view your Facebook contacts separately, click All under the Contacts tab and select Facebook from the drop-down list.
If you still can’t view your Facebook contacts, please contact Skype Customer Service.