This article is also available for:
How do I send and receive files in Skype for Mac OS X?
With the latest version of Skype for Mac OS X, you can send and receive documents, music, photos or any other files during an instant message (IM) session or a Skype-to-Skype call.
To send a file in an IM conversation:
- Click the Share button in the top right of the screen and select Send Files….
- In the Send File window that appears, select the file you’d like to share, then click Send.
Alternatively, you can drag and drop the file to the conversation box and select Send.
- The file appears in the conversation area. When your contact accepts the file, the status Waiting changes to Sending. If your friend cancels the file transfer, the status will change to Rejected.
To send a file during a Skype-to-Skype call, you can follow the steps above, or you can click and select Send Files....
Receiving and viewing the files
It’s easy to receive and view a file:
- When someone sends you a file, you can see the file transfer request in the conversation area. Click Accept to receive the file, or Decline to reject it. After you receive the file, the file name will appear in the conversation area.
- To view the file after you accept it, click Reveal File in Finder to see where the file is saved, or Quick Look File for a preview. These buttons are located in the conversation window, to the right of the received file.