How do I turn off notifications in Skype for Windows desktop?
When Skype is running, notifications for events such as birthdays, instant messages or your friends going on or offline pop up in the notification area of the task bar. You can control which notifications you get.
To turn event notifications on or off:
- Open Skype, and on the menu bar, select Tools > Options...
- Select Notifications. The Notifications settings panel displays.
- Select/de-select the notifications to suit you.
- Click Save.
You can also turn off or reduce notifications for particular conversations – useful for when group chats get a little too noisy. To do this:
- In your Contacts or Recent list, select the conversation you want to turn off notifications for.
- On the menu bar, go to Conversation > Notification Settings...
- To stop receiving alerts of new messages, select Do not notify me.
To reduce the number of alerts you get, select Notify me only if these words are mentioned and then type the words (for example, your name) in the box and click OK.