The last 30 days of your conversation history are stored in the cloud, so you can access it when you’re signed in to Skype on any device.
History older than 30 days is saved on your hard drive, according to your history settings.
You can transfer your history from one computer to another – for example, from a Mac to another Mac, or a Mac to a Windows machine – by copying your Skype Name folder from one computer to another.
To transfer your conversation history:
- Open Finder and navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Skype/.
- The “~” sign means your home folder. To find your home folder, open Finder and in the main menu, select Go > Home or press Command (Apple) + Shift + H keys.
- Copy the folder that has your Skype Name, and save it to an external media device.
- On your new computer, install and sign in to Skype so that the necessary folder is created, then sign out of Skype again.
- Replace the Skype Name folder with the one that you saved in step 2.
- Sign in to Skype. Your chat history will be there when you browse through your conversations.