How do I set up call forwarding in Skype for Mac OS X?
This article is also available for:
When you've set up call forwarding, your incoming calls will be forwarded even if you‘re not signed in to Skype. To set up call forwarding:
- Sign in to Skype.
- In the menu bar, click Skype > Preferences... and select Calls to display the Call panel.
- In the Incoming Calls section, select Forward calls, then click Set up Forwarding...
- In the Set up Forwarding window:
- Enter the number of seconds to wait before calls are forwarded.
- Enter up to three Skype Names or phone numbers in order of preference to forward calls to. Make sure that you enter the Skype Name correctly. You can’t forward calls to a person who hasn’t accepted your contact request.
- Click Done when you’re finished.
Call forwarding is available at no extra cost with a subscription, or for a small charge per minute using Skype Credit. If you make a Skype-to-Skype call to someone who has activated call forwarding, you won’t pay anything when your call is forwarded. If you set up call forwarding but it doesn’t work as expected, these tips can help to fix your problem.
Learn more about call forwarding.