Can I call my Address Book contacts in Skype for Mac OS X?
Address Book contacts are displayed in Skype for Mac by default, and you can call them with a little Skype Credit or a subscription. All Address Book contacts with a phone number will be displayed in your contact list.
Address Book contacts will only appear in Skype on the computer where your Address Book is stored. If you sign in to Skype on another computer, you won’t see your Address Book contacts in Skype. However, when you add your Address Book contacts to Skype, they will appear in your contact list no matter where you sign in from.
This FAQ shows you how to:
Calling your Address Book contacts
To call your Address Book contacts from Skype at great rates, you’ll only need a little Skype Credit or a subscription. To call your Address Book contacts:
- Sign in to Skype.
- In the sidebar, click Contacts, and then to the right, click Address Book. (If all your contact groups don't appear in the contact group bar, you'll need to click >> to see Address Book).
- Find the contact you’d like to call in your Address Book contact group.
- Place your cursor over the person’s picture, click the arrow on the green call button and select a number.
- To end the call, click the end call button .
Alternatively, you can enter the name of an Address Book contact in the Search box in Skype and you’ll see all the phone numbers of that Address Book contact displayed next to their name.
Stopping your Address Book contacts from appearing in Skype
To remove the Address Book contact group from Skype:
- Sign in to Skype.
- In the main menu, go to Skype > Preferences… and select General.
- Un-tick the Show Address Book contacts option.
Updating an Address Book contact’s details
To update an Address Book contact’s details, you need to edit their information in Address Book before it can be updated in Skype. After adding or editing contacts’ details, sign in to Skype and select Skype > Preferences… > General. Un-tick and re-tick Show Address Book contacts and close the window. Your Address Book contacts’ details are now updated in Skype.