This article is also available for:
How can I make a test call in Skype for Mac OS X?
Before making a test call, make sure you have the equipment you need to use Skype.
To make a test call:
- Plug in your headset, speakers or microphone (if they are not built-in to your computer).
- Sign in to Skype.
- In the sidebar, click Contacts and then click Skype.
- Find Skype test call in your contact list. It may also be called Echo / Sound Test Service or Skype Test Call (echo123).
- If you can’t find Skype test call in your contact list, you may have deleted it. To re-add Skype test call, in the search field, type “Echo123” and then click Search Skype for people you know. Skype test call will appear at the top of the list, click to add it.
- In your contact list, place your cursor over Skype test call and click the green call button to start a test call.
- Follow the instructions you will hear.
- If you cannot hear any sound at all, check your sound settings.