This article is also available for:
How do I get Skype WiFi on Skype for Linux?
Skype WiFi is a quick and easy way to get online, with pay as you go internet access that uses your Skype Credit to get online through WiFi providers at over 1 million hotspots worldwide.
How do I start using Skype WiFi?
To use Skype WiFi on Skype for Linux, you need:
- the latest version of Skype for Linux
- a computer or device that can be connected to a public WiFi access point
- enough Skype Credit in your account
When you are connected to an available WiFi hotspot, Skype WiFi will offer to connect you to the internet at an affordable rate per minute.
Alternatively, you can activate Skype WiFi manually:
- Sign in to Skype.
- At the bottom left of the Skype window, click the Skype button , then select Skype WiFi….
The Skype WiFi price per minute will be displayed when you connect to a compatible WiFi hotspot.
Skype WiFi will let you know how long your current Skype Credit will last at that rate.
- If you agree, click Connect to connect to the internet.
Learn more about Skype WiFi.