How do I make a video call in Skype for Linux?
This article is also available for:
It's easy to make video calls with Skype for Linux. However, it is not possible to make group video calls.
To make a video call:
- Sign in to Skype.
- In your list of contacts, find the person you want to call.
- Click the contact. You will see their details in the main window. (Remember - anyone with one of these beside them: is on Skype so it's free to call. Anything else means that it's a mobile or landline number and you will need a little Skype Credit or a subscription to make a call.)
- Click the button. You will hear ringing.
When the other person answers, the Call window will appear:
- When the call is answered, click in the call window and select Start my Video...
- You will immediately start to transmit your video to the other caller, providing your webcam is configured correctly.
- To hang up, click the button.