This article is also available for:
To use your USB phone or headset for Skype:
- Sign in to Skype.
- In the main menu, select Skype > Preferences…, and then select Audio/Video.
- In the Microphone and Speakers drop-down list, ensure your USB phone or headset is selected.
- In the Ringing drop-down list, ensure Ring on All Devices is selected.
To configure the settings on your Mac so that sound output uses your loudspeakers:
- Click the Apple menu > System Preferences…, and then select Sound.
- Select Output, and then select the appropriate speakers from the list of available devices.
Now you can make calls on your phone or headset, while all other sounds and music are played through your computer’s loudspeakers.
Learn more with the Skype sound set-up guide.