How do I download and install Skype for Windows desktop?
To get started with Skype, simply download and install it.
- Go to the Skype website and click Get Skype for Windows desktop.
- Save and run the Skype installation file.
If you get a message asking you to give Skype permission to go ahead with the installation, click Yes to continue.
- Read the Skype Click to Call info. If you don’t want to install it, uncheck Install Skype Click to Call before you click Continue.
If you don’t want to set Bing as your internet search engine, or MSN as your home page, uncheck the boxes. Click Continue.
- Skype installs. When the installation is finished, you’ll see the sign-in screen.
- If you don’t have an account, click Create an account. If you already have an account, you’re ready to sign in and get started with Skype.