With Skype for iPhone and iPad, you can send and receive image files only.
It’s easy to send an image:
- Sign in to Skype and select the contact you’d like to send an image to.
- In the Contact Card, tap More > Send Photo.
If you use a first generation iPad and have no Video Messaging ability, the More icon does not appear. In the Contact card, tap Send Photo directly.
- Select an image saved on your iPhone or iPad, or take a new one. The image file can’t be larger than 25 MB.
- You can send your file only after your contact accepts it. You’ll see a progress bar showing you how much time is left until your image is sent. You can stop sending your file at any time by tapping x.
To get the image your contact is sending you, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Skype. You’ll see a notification dialog telling you that someone wants to send you a file.
- Tap Accept to receive the image, or tap Decline to reject the transfer.
- When the file transfer is complete, the image you’ve received opens automatically.
To find the images you’ve received, open the Photos app on your iPad.
If your contact is trying to send you a different type of file, you’ll be notified of the file transfer but you won’t be able to accept the file.