What are hotkeys and how do I use them?
This FAQ is for Skype for Windows desktop. For Skype for Mac, refer to these instructions.
To use Skype more easily, you can enable hotkeys. These are keyboard shortcuts for when you want to:
- Answer a call
- Answer a call with video
- Ignore a call
- End a call
- Take a snapshot during video calls
- Focus on Skype
- Search for people on Skype
- Mute your microphone
- Toggle mute (Push-to-talk)
- Switch view
To enable and customize hotkeys:
- Sign in to Skype.
- Go to Tools > Options...
- Click the Advanced tab and select Hotkeys.
- Check Enable keyboard shortcuts.
- Check the actions you want to enable hotkeys for.
Click Change selected shortcut if you want to change the default shortcut. Simply enter your new shortcut and click OK.
- Click Save. You’re ready to start saving time with hotkeys.