This article is also available for:
How do I send SMS text messages from Skype for Linux?
Send text messages to mobile phones from Skype at great low rates.
You can send text messages to any text-enabled number (most mobiles, some landlines). All you need is a little Skype Credit.
To send a text to one of your contacts
- In Skype, find the person you want to text and click on them.
- There are two ways to send a text message. Either right-click the contact, select Send SMS and then select the number you wish to text.
Or in the conversation window, tick the SMS box.
- Type your message into the conversation box and press Enter. You will see the remaining characters and price in the right top corner.
To send a text to a number not saved as a contact
- In Skype, at the bottom of the window, click Call Phones or Send SMS.
The dial pad is displayed.
- If you are texting abroad, click the flag menu and choose a country from the drop-down list, then click in the box beside the flag.
- Type the phone number (or click the numbers on the keypad) and click the Send SMS button.
- In the conversation box at the bottom of the screen, type your message and press Enter.
Having problems with sending texts? Read these troubleshooting tips.