QIWI is a payment services provider that offers two ways of paying for Skype products. QIWI operates self-service terminals in Russia where you can buy Skype Credit or you can use the QIWI Wallet to add cash to your Skype account.
The following questions and answers will help you get started with QIWI:
How do I pay at a QIWI terminal?
It’s easy to pay for Skype Credit at a QIWI terminal:
- On the main screen, tap Payments.
- Tap Internet and Telephone, then select Skype.
- Enter your Skype Name and tap Next.
- Tap Next again to confirm your Skype Name, or tap Back to correct it.
- Insert the cash amount (Russian Rubles - RUB) into the machine, then tap Pay.
- You are asked to confirm that the details are correct.
- The terminal will display the confirmation screen with your Skype Name and the amount you’ve paid, and then print a receipt. Your Skype account balance will be updated.
You can find your nearest QIWI terminal here*.
What currencies can I use with QIWI?
By default, you can only pay with Russian Rubles (RUB) at a terminal. However, if you wish to make the payment with a different currency, contact QIWI support* for more details.
How do I pay via the QIWI Wallet?
To pay with QIWI Wallet:
- Sign in to your Skype account.
- Choose the Skype product you’d like to buy.
- Enter your billing name and address. If your details are already pre-filled, make sure everything is up-to-date.
Need to change your billing address? Learn how.
- Select Qiwi as your payment method, then click Next.
- Check the amount to pay, then click Next.
- Check you order details, enter your phone number and email address (same as attached to your QIWI Wallet), then click Submit. You're redirected to the QIWI website.
- Choose your payment method, then follow the instructions and complete your purchase.
You can pay with your QIWI Wallet balance or with a Visa or MasterCard.
What if I have a problem with my QIWI payment?
If you’re having any problems with payments using QIWI, contact QIWI customer support* directly or check the status* of your order.
*Skype is not responsible for the content of external sites.