This FAQ is for devices running Skype 3.2 for Android. If you're using Skype 4, just click here. Not sure what version of Skype you have? It’s easy to find out.
Have you downloaded Skype and joined us? Then you’re ready to get calling.
This guide will help you find your way around Skype for Android 3.2, so that when you’re ready you can start using great features such as voice calling, video calling and instant messaging.
To open Skype, tap the Skype icon in your applications list. Then, sign in with your Skype Name and password or, alternatively, chose to Sign in with a Microsoft account.
- Mood message field. Enter whatever you’re up to, tap Share and let all your friends see it even without starting a conversation.
- Contact list. Search for your friends, add them to the list and manage your contacts. You can also start a conversation from here.
- Recent. Find your recent conversations, received messages and files.
- Call phones. Use the dial pad to call mobiles and landlines. You’ll only need a little Skype Credit or a subscription.
- Profile. Check out account information and add or edit your personal details.
- Status. Change your Skype status from here.
- Sign out. Sign out of Skype and get back to the sign-in screen.
If you select a particular contact from your contact list, you’ll see the following:
- Profile picture. Check out your friend’s profile picture.
- Mood message. Find out what your friend is up to.
- Actions tab. Check out all available actions such as starting a voice call, video call, and sending instant or SMS text messages.
- Profile tab. See your friend’s account information and personal details.