Getting started with Skype for Windows RT
Never used Skype before? Don’t worry, it's easy to get started. Simply download and install Skype for Windows RT from the Windows Store and sign in with your Microsoft account.
To get started with Skype for Windows RT, you first need to:
Are you experiencing download or installation issues? Visit Skype Community for assistance, you might find there's already a solution to your problem.
To be sure you have Skype for Windows RT installed (or to be sure you're updated to the latest version:
- In the Windows Start screen, click or tap the Store tile.
- Type "Skype" into the search box.
- Click the Skype tile in the results.
- If your Skype for Windows RT app is updated to the latest version, you'll simply see "this app is installed on this PC." If you see an Install or Update button, tap or click it.
- Sign in to Skype with your Microsoft account when prompted, then select Save. If you need to link your existing Skype account to your Microsoft account, follow the steps here.
- The Skype app tile is now displayed on the right of your Start screen, and you can easily move it to any other place. Simply drag and drop the Skype tile to a spot you like in your Start screen – for example, to the left side so it’s the first tile on your Start Screen.
Learn more about how to sign in to Skype with your Microsoft account for the first time.
Now that you've got the latest version of Skype for Windows RT, you can add contacts. To add a contact:
- Open Skype for Windows RT by clicking or tapping the Skype tile you've just set up.
- Click people on the right side of the screen.
- Click the add contact icon to search for and add contacts.
For a more detailed article on the many ways you can add contacts to Skype for Windows RT, check out this page.
Now that you have Skype for Windows RT updated and set up, you're ready to enjoy the many features it has to offer, such as:
To share your experience with Skype, visit the Skype Community.