Can I sign in to Skype with my Facebook account?
You can no longer login to Skype via Facebook as of January 2018. All Skype logins have been streamlined to Microsoft accounts, allowing you to login-in with a single sign-in, unlocking all your Microsoft services – including Skype, Office Online, Outlook, OneNote, OneDrive, and more – in one experience, with just one password. To continue using Skype, either create a new Microsoft account or sign in with an existing Microsoft account if you already have one.
Do you have an email address that you use to sign in to other Microsoft products or services such as Xbox, Office Online, OneDrive, Outlook.com, or Windows?
Do you have a Skype Number or subscription balance?
- Yes. Great - that same email can be used to sign in to Skype!
- No. No problem, go to our Create an account page and we'll walk you through creating a new Microsoft account that you can use to sign in to Skype and other Microsoft services.
Sign in with your new or existing Microsoft account for Skype in our transfer tool
to move your payment information from your Facebook account over to your Microsoft account.
The transfer tool will show you everything that's going to transfer, you'll click Transfer, and then you're all done! If you receive an error, contact Skype customer service. Note
: If you decide not to transfer your payment information from your Facebook account to your Microsoft account, we will automatically refund you and cancel your Skype Number or subscription in late January, 2018.
- If you have an email address that you use to sign in to other Microsoft products or services such as Xbox, OneDrive, or Outlook.com, you can use that same email to sign in to Skype. If not, just go to our Create an account page and we'll walk you through creating a new Skype account.
- Use our Skype Manager tool to set up an existing Skype account, or the new one you just created to be a Skype Manager account.
- If your colleagues use Facebook to login, make sure they also go through the steps in this article.