To add a new contact:
- Sign in to Skype.
- Tap People.
- Tap the list you want to add the contact to.
- Tap the add icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose Search Skype Directory, Save a Phone Number or Import from iPhone/Import from iPod.
If you have chosen Search Skype Directory:
- Look for a contact by entering their Skype Name, full name or email address in the search field.
- From the list of matches displayed, select the contact you’d like to add.
- Tap Add contact at the bottom of the screen.
- You are then prompted to send a contact request. Enter some text to introduce yourself if you want, and tap Send.
If you have chosen Save a Phone Number:
- Enter the name and phone number of the contact you’d like to add.
- Tap Save.
Learn more about managing contacts.