This article is also available for:
Adding contacts (iPhone)
Have you downloaded Skype and joined us? Then you’re ready to add contacts.
It's easy to find your friends on Skype and add them to your contact list. When you’ve added your friends, you can voice or video call them and send instant messages for free on Skype.
You can also add mobile and landline contacts, and call them from Skype with a little Skype Credit or a subscription.
To add a new contact:
- Sign in to Skype.
- Tap People.
- Tap the list you want to add the contact to.
- Tap the add icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose Search Skype Directory, Save a Phone Number or Import from iPhone/Import from iPod.
If you have chosen Search Skype Directory:
- Look for a contact by entering their Skype Name, full name or email address in the search field.
- From the list of matches displayed, select the contact you’d like to add.
- Tap Add contact at the bottom of the screen.
- You are then prompted to send a contact request. Enter some text to introduce yourself if you want, and tap Send.
If you have chosen Save a Phone Number:
- Enter the name and phone number of the contact you’d like to add.
- Tap Save.
If you have chosen Import from iPhone/Import from iPod:
- Tap the contact you want to import.
- Tap the phone number you want to add to Skype.
- Edit the contact’s name and number, then tap Save.