To add a new contact:
- Sign in to Skype.
- Tap People in the top left corner of the screen.
- In the People screen, tap the add icon in the top right corner.
- Choose Search Skype Directory or Save a Phone Number.
If you have chosen Search Skype Directory:
- Look for a contact by entering their Skype Name, full name or email address in the search field.
- From the list of matches displayed, select the contact you’d like to add.
- Tap Add Contact in the top right corner of their profile.
- You are then prompted to send a contact request. Enter some text to introduce yourself if you want, and tap Send.
If you have chosen Save a Phone Number:
- Enter the name, select the country code and enter the phone number of the contact you’d like to add.
- Tap Done to save the contact.