Adding contacts (iPad)
This article is also available for:
Have you downloaded Skype and joined us? Then you’re ready to add contacts.
It's easy to find your friends on Skype and add them to your contact list. When you’ve added your friends, you can voice or video call them and send instant messages for free on Skype.
You can also add mobile and landline contacts, and call them from Skype with a little Skype Credit or a subscription.
To add a new contact:
- Sign in to Skype.
Tap People in the top left corner of the screen.
- In the People screen, tap the add icon in the top right corner.
- Choose Search Skype Directory or Save a Phone Number.
If you have chosen Search Skype Directory:
- Look for a contact by entering their Skype Name, full name or email address in the search field.
- From the list of matches displayed, select the contact you’d like to add.
- Tap Add Contact in the top right corner of their profile.
- You are then prompted to send a contact request. Enter some text to introduce yourself if you want, and tap Send.
If you have chosen Save a Phone Number:
- Enter the name, select the country code and enter the phone number of the contact you’d like to add.
- Tap Done to save the contact.