This article is also available for:
Calling someone who's on Skype (iPhone)
With Skype for iPhone, you can talk to anyone else on Skype, anywhere in the world, for free*.
*Operator data charges may apply when you’re using 3G or 4G networks. Contact your mobile operator for more details.
Find your friends on Skype and add them to your contact list. When you've added your friends, it's easy to call them.
Calling your friends who are on Skype
It’s easy to make free Skype-to-Skype calls to people in your contact list:
- Sign in to Skype.
- In the bottom left corner of the screen, tap People.
- Tap Skype Contacts.
- Select the contact you want to call, then tap Voice Call.
To accept an incoming Skype call, simply tap the green call button .
Useful things you can do on a call
Tap the screen during a Skype-to-Skype call to bring up the call bar:
- Tap to switch between the front and back cameras, or to turn your video off.
- Tap to switch your microphone on or off.
- Tap // to turn the speakerphone function on or off, or switch to a headset.
If you want to switch to a Bluetooth headset that you haven’t set up yet, simply go to your iPhone’s Settings and set Bluetooth to On. Wait for your phone to discover the Bluetooth headset, and then tap it to pair the devices.
- Tap to view your instant messages.
- Tap to end a call.
Joining a group call
With Skype for iPhone, you can participate in a Skype group call you’re added to.
When you’re invited to a group call, you’ll see an incoming call notification screen. Simply tap the green call button to join the call.
Currently, you can’t initiate a group call in Skype for iPhone.