How do I make a voice call with Skype for iPhone?
With Skype for iPhone, you can talk to anyone else on Skype, anywhere in the world, for free*. You can also make group calls with up to 25 people (24 plus yourself). Learn more.
*Operator data charges may apply when you’re using 3G or 4G networks. Contact your mobile operator for more details.
Calling your friends who are on Skype
It’s easy to make free Skype-to-Skype calls to people in your contact list.
- Use the Search function to find the contact you want to call. You can also find them in your Contacts tab or Recent tab.
- Tap the contact you want to call.
- At the top of the screen for the contact, tap the call icon . If you've found the contact in your Recent tab, you can swipe right to bring up the call icon.
To accept an incoming Skype call, simply tap the green call button .
During a call, you can:
- Tap or to turn your video off.
- Tap to turn your microphone on or off.
- Tap to add participants to your call.
- Tap at the top-right of the screen or swipe left in the call to view and send your instant messages.
- Tap at the top-left of the screen to navigate away from the video call screen (the call will stay active until you end the call).
- Tap the red active call banner at the top of your screen to go back to the call.
- Tap to end a call.
Here are a few pages that can help you do even more: