This article is also available for:
Calling someone who's on Skype (iPad)
With Skype for iPad you can talk to anyone who’s on Skype, anywhere in the world, for free*.
*Depending on the data plan you use, mobile operator charges may apply.
Find your friends on Skype and add them to your contact list. When you've added your friends, it's easy to call them.
Calling your friends on Skype
It’s easy to make a free Skype-to-Skype call to people in your contact list:
- Sign in to Skype.
- Tap People.
- Tap the contact you’d like to call, then tap Voice Call.
To accept an incoming Skype call, simply tap the green call button .
Useful things you can do on a call
During a Skype-to-Skype call, you can:
- Tap to bring up or hide the sidebar.
- Tap to switch between the front and back cameras, or to turn your video off.
- Tap to turn your microphone on or off.
- Tap to open the dial pad so you can dial extensions or make DTMF tones.
- Tap // to turn the speakerphone function on or off, or switch to a headset.
If you want to switch to a Bluetooth headset that you haven’t set up yet, simply go to your iPad’s Settings and set Bluetooth to On. Wait for your tablet to discover the Bluetooth headset, and then tap it to pair the devices.
- Tap to view and send your instant messages.
- Tap to end a call.
Joining a group call
With Skype for iPad, you can participate in a Skype group call you’re added to.
When you’re invited to a group call, you’ll see an incoming call notification screen. Simply tap the green call button to join the call.
Currently, you can’t initiate a group call in Skype for iPad.