How do I make a voice call with Skype for iPad?
With Skype for iPad you can talk to anyone who’s on Skype, anywhere in the world, for free*. You can also make group calls with up to 25 people (24 plus yourself). Learn more.
*Depending on the data plan you use, mobile operator charges may apply.
Find your friends on Skype and add them to your contact list. When you've added your friends, it's easy to call them.
Calling your friends on Skype
It’s easy to make a free Skype-to-Skype call to people in your contact list:
- Sign into Skype.
- Use the Search function to find the contact you want to call. Alternatively, you can click on the Contacts tab to pick from your contacts or Recents tab to scroll through your conversations to find the most recent one with that person.
- Swipe right on the contact you’d like to call, then tap the call icon.
To accept an incoming Skype call, simply tap the green call button .
Useful things you can do on a call
During a Skype-to-Skype call, you can:
- Tap in the top-right corner of the window or swipe left in the call to view and send your instant messages.
- Tap the Recent tab to see your recent activity.
- Tap to turn your video on or off.
- Tap to turn your microphone on or off.
- Tap to add participants to your call.
- Tap to turn the speakerphone on or off, or switch to a headset. If your Bluetooth isn’t set up yet, just go to your iPad’s menu and tap Settings > Bluetooth, then set Bluetooth to On. Wait for your iPad to discover the Bluetooth headset, then tap it to pair the devices.
- Tap to end a call.
Here are a few pages that can help you do even more: