This article is also available for:
Finding your way around Skype (iPhone)
Have you downloaded and joined Skype? Then you’re ready to enjoy all the great Skype features, such as voice calling, video calling and instant messaging. This guide will help you find your way around Skype.
To open Skype, tap the Skype icon in your applications list and sign in with your Skype Name and password.
At the bottom of the screen you’ll see these tabs:
- People. Search for your friends, add them to the list and manage your contacts. You can start here to get in touch with your friends.
- Recent. Find your recent conversations, received messages and files.
- Call phones. Use the dial pad to call mobiles and landlines. You’ll need a little Skype Credit or a subscription to do so.
- Profile. Check out your account information and add or edit your personal details.
If you select a contact from your contact list, you’ll see their profile window:
- Remove or block contact.
- Profile picture.
- Mood message.
- Select the way you want to reach your friend.
- See more details about your contact.