How can I repair disk permissions on Mac OS X?
If you can’t install or start Skype, repairing disk permissions on your Mac OS X using Disk Utility might solve your problem.
To repair disk permissions on Mac OS X:
- Open the Applications folder and select Utilities > Disk Utility.
- In the left panel of the Disk Utility window, select your primary hard drive.
- In the First Aid tab, click Verify Disk Permissions. Your computer will perform a diagnostic test. Depending on the hard drive size and usage, it can take up to one hour.
- When the problems with disk permissions are displayed in the Disk Utility window, click Repair Disk Permissions to fix them.
- After the Disk Utility completes the disk permissions repair, restart your computer so that you can install or start Skype.
Learn more on Apple’s website.*
*Skype is not responsible for the content of external sites.