How do I call, instant message and text my Messenger buddies in Skype for Windows RT?
When you sign in to Skype for Windows RT with your Microsoft account and link your accounts, you can see, call, instant message and text your Messenger buddies just like you do with your other Skype contacts.
To call mobiles and landlines, and to send text messages to your friends, you’ll need a little Skype Credit.
To call or instant message (IM) your Messenger contact:
- Start Skype.
- Under people, select the contact you want to call or IM. If the Messenger contact is also your Skype contact, they may be listed twice.
If you can’t see the contact, tap or click people to search for them in the all people screen. The label below the profile picture indicates that the contact you selected is a Messenger contact.
- Tap or click the green call or video icon to make a call. To send an instant message, type your message, then press Enter or tap the right arrow.
To sent a text message to your Messenger contact:
- Start Skype.
- Select the Messenger contact you‘d like to text.
- In the conversation window, select via Messenger above the conversation box.
- In the menu that opens, select SMS.
- If your contact has a phone number attached to their profile, select the number next to SMS. If they have no phone number attached to their profile, select SMS, then enter a number and save it.
- Type your message, then press Enter or tap Send.