Finding your way around Skype (Windows Phone 8)
This article is also available for:
This guide will help you find your way around Skype on your Windows Phone 8, so when you’re ready you can start using its great features such as voice calling, video calling, and instant messaging.
To open Skype, tap the Skype icon in your applications list.
- Profile picture. Tap it to view your profile and account information.
- People/recent/favorites. Swipe between your contact list, your recent activities and your favorite contacts.
- Contact list filter. Select the list of contacts you’d like to be displayed (all, Skype, available).
- Contact. Check out your contact’s profile picture, name and mood message.
- New call. Using the dial pad, call mobiles and landlines from Skype. You’ll need a little Skype Credit or a subscription to do so.
- Messages. Send instant and SMS text messages to your contacts.
- Settings. Check out available options. The options change as you navigate around Skype.