How do I make a Skype call from Bing search results?
Skype Click to Call and Bing, the web search engine from Microsoft, have come together to provide you with an even easier way to make calls directly from your web browser.
When you search the internet with Bing, you can call all Skype-highlighted phone numbers, Skype Names and Skype buttons from the search results even if you don’t have the Skype Click to Call plug-in installed in your browser.
To call or to send text messages to mobile and landlines, you’ll need just a little Skype Credit or a subscription.
Find out more about Skype Click to Call.
Making a Skype call from the Bing search results without Skype Click to Call
To call the Skype-highlighted phone numbers, Skype Names and Skype buttons if you don’t have Skype Click to Call installed on your Windows desktop:
- Make your search with Bing.
- From the results, choose the Skype-highlighted number you want to call and select it. You can also open the website from the Bing search results and select the highlighted number on that website.
- If you’re signed in to Skype and you have some Skype Credit or a subscription, you’ll be asked to confirm that you want to start the call. Simply click OK to start the call.
If you don’t want this window to be displayed next time you call a number from a website, tick the Do not ask me again box.
You can call a phone number from the Bing search results even if you’re not signed in or if you don’t have Skype installed:
- If you’re not signed in to Skype, simply click the Skype-highlighted number and select call now in the window that opens. Sign in to Skype when prompted and proceed with your call.
- If you don’t have Skype yet, click the Skype-highlighted number and select get Skype in the window that opens. After the Skype installation is complete, simply sign in and proceed with your call.
Calling a number that is not Skype-highlighted
You can also use Skype to call the numbers that are not highlighted. Simply copy and paste the number from the website into the Skype search bar and select Call this number or Add to Contacts if you’d like to call the number later.
Making a Skype call from the results of a different search engine
If you’re using a search engine other than Bing, you’ll need to install the Skype Click to Call plug-in to see the Skype-highlighted numbers and to call them directly from search results.
Learn more about how to install the Skype Click to Call.