How do I manage Skype notifications on Windows Phone 8?
Skype notifications are brief messages that appear on your phone’s screen for a few seconds to inform you that someone sent you an instant message on Skype when you weren’t in the app.
Disabling Skype notifications on Windows Phone 8
You can easily turn off Skype notifications on your Windows Phone 8:
- Start Skype.
- Tap the menu icon.
- Select Settings.
- Set Skype messages or/and Messenger messages to Off.
If you’d like to enable the notifications again, simply set Skype/Messenger messages back to On.
You can also manage chat notifications in individual chats:
- Sign into Skype.
- Tap the conversation for which you wish to manage notifications.
- Tap the more icon .
- Tap notifications.
- To turn off notifications for this chat, tap turn off; to turn them on, tap turn on.
Turn off sound and vibration alerts on Windows Phone 8
In Skype for Windows Phone 8, you can enable or disable sound and vibration notifications at any time.
To turn off the sound and vibrate alerts:
- Go to your phone’s settings.
- Under system, select ringtones + sounds.
- Scroll down to Play a sound for and uncheck the All other notifications option.
To enable the notifications again, simply check the box.
Learn how to turn off Skype toast notifications.