What should I do if I can’t unlink my Skype and Microsoft or Facebook accounts?
If you cannot unlink your Skype and Microsoft or Facebook accounts on the Skype Account Profile page, you may have encountered one of the following issues:
- There’s a limit on how many times you can request to unlink the accounts, so you may have exceeded the number of unlink requests allowed.
- You don’t have a full Skype account and you’ve purchased some of Skype products.
- The unlinking of your Skype account and Microsoft and Facebook accounts has failed for another reason.
To resolve your issue and unlink your Skype and Microsoft or Facebook accounts, please provide us with the following details:
- The Skype version and the platform you are using.
- The way you signed in to Skype when you linked your accounts:
- Skype account
- Microsoft account
If you signed in to Skype with your Microsoft account, we need you to provide us with your Microsoft account email address.
- Facebook account
If you signed in to Skype with your Facebook account, we need you to provide us with your Facebook email address or phone number.
- The name of your existing Skype account that you linked with your Microsoft or Facebook account.
After you provide Skype Customer Service with the above information, we can process your account unlinking request. Please note that we can only unlink accounts if you haven't exceeded the maximum number of unlink requests.
Important: Do not send us passwords to any of your accounts. Skype Customer Service representatives will never ask you to provide them with such information. Always make sure to keep your passwords secure and private.