This article is also available for:
How can I set up video messaging in Skype 3.2 for Android?
With Skype for Android, you can now keep in touch with your friends in even more ways, by sending them video messages. You can record a short video, edit it if you want and send it to your contacts.
The following questions and answers will help you set up video messaging in your Skype 3.2 for Android:
- What do I need to send video messages?
- How do I record and send video messages?
- Can I send a video message to a friend who is not responding to my call?
- How do I delete my video messages?
To send video messages, you need to be running Skype 3.2 for Android and the video messages you record can’t be longer than three minutes.
To record and send a video message:
- Tap Contacts and select the contact you’d like to send a video message to.
- Tap More > Video Message.
- The record screen appears. To start or stop recording, tap the record icon .
- Once recorded, you can tap the play icon to view the video message.
- Tap the icon to send the video message.
If you’re trying to start a video call and your friend is not responding, you can send them a video message. Simply tap Video message to end the video call and record, edit and send your video message.
You can’t delete the video messages you’ve already sent to your contacts. You can only cancel the video messages you’ve recorded before sending them.