How do I create a log file on my Android device?
Log files are special files created by the Skype app. They contain important information that can help us identify the cause of the problem you’re experiencing and find out the best solution for you.
Note: This process only works on Android devices running Android OS 4.0 and lower.
To create a log file on your Android device:
- Get CatLog – Logcat Reader! from the Play Store*.
- Start the CatLog – Logcat Reader! Application, then press the home button. The app will continue to run in the background.
- Start Skype and recreate the bug.
Open CatLog – Logcat Reader! again, enter Skype in the search box and confirm. You will see the list of entries for Skype.
Press the menu button on your device and tap Save to save the file. Do not rename the file, just tap OK to confirm. This will create a .txt file and you’ll find it in the catlog folder on your SD card.
- To send us the log file:
- Register in the Skype community (if you're not already registered).
- Create a new topic and attach your log file to your post.
*Skype is not responsible for the content of external sites.