This article is also available for:
How do I uninstall Skype (Skype for modern Windows)?
If, for any reason, you need to uninstall Skype for modern Windows, simply follow these steps:
- Close Skype by pressing Alt+F4 on your keyboard or by swiping from the top edge of the screen.
- In the Start screen, right click or tap and hold the Skype tile. The Options menu appears at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Uninstall from the Options menu.
- In the window that pops up, select Uninstall to confirm you want to uninstall Skype.
- Skype tile disappears from the Start screen.
You can then reinstall Skype for modern Windows easily by downloading the latest version.