How do I set up video messaging in Skype for Mac OS X?
This article is also available for:
Download the latest version of Skype for Mac OS X and keep in touch with your friends in even more ways by sending them video messages. You can record a short video, edit it if you want and send it to your contacts to share your life’s moments with them.
The following questions and answers will help you set up video messaging on your Mac OS X:
- How do I record and send video messages with Skype for Mac?
- Can I send a video message to a friend who is not responding to my call?
- How do I delete my video messages?
- How can I view a received video message?
It’s easy to record and send a video message to share with your friends:
- Sign in to Skype.
- In your contact list, select the contact you’d like to send a video message to, right-click it and select Send Video Message….
- The record screen appears. To start or stop recording, click the record icon .
Once recorded, simply click the play icon to view your video message. To re-record or cancel the video message, click the icon.
- Click the send icon to send the video message.
If you’re trying to call your friend and they’re not responding, you can send them a video message. Simply end the call and click Send Video Message in the conversation window to record, edit and send your video message.
You can’t delete the video messages that you’ve already sent to your contacts. You can only cancel the video messages you’ve recorded before sending them.
Video messages you’ve received appear in your Recent conversations. If you’re using Skype 6.1 for Mac OS X or higher, just click the thumbnail to play the video message in the conversation window.
To reply to a video message you’ve received with your own video message, click the paperclip icon and select Send video message.
If you’re using a version of Skype that doesn’t support video messaging, an instant message will notify you about receiving a video message and provide you with a link to that message and a pin code. Simply click the link and enter the pin code in the page that opens. Then click View message.
When viewing a video message in your internet browser, you cannot reply to it.